Safety technology in SD6 servo drive
- Safety functions according to EN 61800-5-2
- PLe (Cat.4) according to EN ISO 13849-1
- Integrated in SD6 servo drive
Flexible and affordable expansion of a large number of safety functions for the Stöber SD6 servo drive in accordance with EN 61800-5-2. With the PASmotion software from Pilz integrated in the DriveControl Suite setup software from Stöber, the specialist knowledge and experience of two worlds come together.
With as result a simple and flexible setup of safety functions for STOP, MOTION, MONITORING, BRAKE, RESTART and STATUS in Stöber's high performance stand alone SD6 servo drive.
The SD6 servo drive with the SE6 safety module included, can be integrated in the safety circuit as a safety related part of the control system (SRP / CS) for the implementation of safety functions (Safe Drive System).
Safety functions (configurable)
- 2 Safe Stop functions (SS1, SS2)
- 6 Safe Movement functions (SDI, SLI, SLS, SOS, SSR, SLP)
- 6 Monitoring functions (SDI, SLI, SLS, SOS, SSR, SLP)
- 3 Safe Brake functions (SBC1, SBC2, SBT)
- Safe Restart Lock (SRL)
- Safe Status Output (SSO)
- 8 secure digital inputs (X14)
- 5 safe digital outputs (X15)
- 1 redundant SBC brake output (X8, Safe Brake Control in category 1 or 2)
- 1 functional brake output (X5, redundant next to X8 for category 3 or 4)
- 1 external encoder interface
- Works with standard servo motor (rotary, linear)
- Independent of encoder type (resolver, SSI, EnDat2.1, EnDat 2.2, ...)
- Therfore no Sin / Cos encoder required
- No restriction with 13 bit encoder resolution
- No Sin / Cos encoder cable
- No Sin / Cos adapter
- No fault exclusion required for mounting encoder (FMA)
- No Standstill speed monitor required
- Response time <10 ms
- Safety level SIL3 / PLe / Cat. 4
- Easy to use (configuration, commissioning, service)
The table below shows an overview of the safety functions according to EN 61800-5-2 and which are available with the SE6 safety module.
Content Safe Drive System
A Safe Drive System consists of:
- Safe Drive Controller (SD6 + SE6)
- Motor with encoder
- Programmable Safety control system (safety PLC)
- Configuration tool (PASmotion)
Optionally can be added:
- External encoder
- Standby flow-activated mechanical brakes (standard or safety component)
The Safety module SE6 (depending on the configuration):
- performs a plausibility check on the connected motor encoder and uses it to generate safe speed and position values.
- compares the current speed or position with the limit values and triggers a response function when a limit value is exceeded.
- communicates the status of safety functions to the safety PLC.
- activates controlled shutdown via the Control unit for the SS1 and SS2 safety functions.
- activates the integrated STO block (redundant) on request or in case of an error.
- has an option for safely triggering up to two standby, power-activated, mechanical brakes.
- detects faults in the mechanical brakes by means of a brake test.
- has connection possibility for connection of an optional external encoder.
- detects faults (wire breakage, short-circuit) in the wiring of the output signals and initiates an error response
The Control unit:
- interrupts the torque / current generation for the motor by activating the STO block.
- halts the engine when the SS1 or SS2 safety function is activated.
- sends the configuration data from the configuration tool (PASmotion) to the Safety module.
- stores the configuration data in the module of the SD6 servo controller.
- reads the fault memory of the Safety module and provides detailed status information.
The Safety control system (safety PLC):
- evaluates signals from safety devices, such as:
- Emergency stop button
- Safety gates
- Light beam devices
- Two hands operation
- activates the safety functions via inputs on the safety module (adjustable).
- handles safe feedback outputs from the safety module (adjustable).
- detects faults (wire breakage, short-circuit) in the wiring to the safety module and initiates an error response (adjustable).
The PASmotion configuration tool:
- configures and parametrizes the security module.
- ensures secure uploading and downloading of the configuration file.
- shows the status of the inputs / outputs in the online display.
- displays the error list.
Example activation safety function (SS1) with fault detection by status feedback
Pilz PASmotion software tool started from Stöber DriveControl Suite
Example configuration Safe Operating Stop (SOS) function in PASmotion