Trio Motion Technology PC-MAT: Powerful PC and Motion solution for flexible production automatisation
Date: 15 March 2017
Control until 64 servo axes by EtherCAT
Trio’s PC-MCAT 64 is an innovative "Motion + PC Solution". A powerful quad core Intel Atom processor is used to drive both a high performance motion controller and a compact PC that can run user applications under Windows. The PC-MCAT software uses a real-time extension to allow both Windows and the motion controller to run directly on their own processor cores.
Plug and Play
The motion controller’s own dedicated EtherCAT master Ethernet port can launch data packets with less than 1 µsec of jitter. The 1.91GHz Atom processor is paired with 4 GBytes of RAM and a high speed 64 GByte upgradable SSD to give sufficient PC performance for many machine types.
PC-MCAT is especially suitable where a machine type needs the software and hardware facilities of a PC paired with a powerful 64 axisÂ Motion Coordinator. The HDMI port can be used to drive high resolution displays for sophisticated operator interfaces.
The large 64 GByte SSD drive can hold vast amounts of machine data and recipes. Two GBit Ethernet ports are built into the PC-MCAT. These can be used for factory communications or connecting vision camera(s) whose data can be processed directly on the PC cores.
Program Your Way
A machines PC applications can communicate with the Trio Motion Coordinator running on its dedicated processor core using fast shared memory. Machine control sequences can either be made in multi-tasking TrioBASIC / IEC61131 of the Motion Coordinator or can be written as a PC application (for example in "C") sending motion + I/O requests through to the Motion Coordinator. Trio's Motion Perfect v4 application development tool can be run directly on the PC-MCAT or remotely on a laptop via Ethernet.
Highlights Trio PC-MCAT
- Motion + PC Solution for Automation Machinery
- Fanless compact PC with E3845 Quad Core Atom Processor at 1.91 Ghz
- Powerful up to 64 Axis EtherCAT Based Trio Motion Coordinator
- RTX64 Real Time Extension to allow Motion + Windows Running Directly on Their Own Processor Cores
- Plug and Play EtherCAT Configuration Expandable Support for Servo Drives, I/O and Devices From Over 100 Manufacturers
- Programmable In Easy TrioBASIC, built-in IEC 61131 or PC based Programming Languages Such As "C"
- 4 GByte RAM + 64 GByte Upgradable SSD
- Choose Windows or Linux Operating System
- Built-in GBit Ethernet Port For Vision Cameras